Monday, May 3, 2010

TURKEY Preview: MaNga - We Could Be The Same

Turkey have tried sending some rock styled entries in the past couple of years, and none have really grabbed my attention. This year, however, I find some elements intriguing about their entry. Its still a rock sound, but it doesn't have that complete head-banging feel to it, mainly because they are mixing rock with some rap, which I think is a good thing. It feels more modern, then your standard rock track.

The band themselves, MaNga were last year voted as the best Turkish Act by MTV and also won another 2 MTV Europe Music Awards, which does show that they are one of the best musical things coming out of Turkey at the moment. I would safely say, that Turkey will be in the final this year, if they deliver a great performance of this track. I am expecting that some fire or pyrotechnics will accompany this song on stage in Oslo.


Turkey will perform last at the 2nd semi-final.

No comments:

Post a Comment