Monday, May 3, 2010

ROMANIA Preview: Paula Seling & Ovi - Playing With Fire

I won't lie - I love my dance-pop tracks with a beat (probably due to my work situation and role), so I'm highly likely to be biased to tracks like this (then again, what were you expecting in this blog - expert music analysis? ha!)

This is the Romanian entry this year by Paula Seling and Ovidiu Cernăuţeanu called Playing With Fire. Paula, from what I roughly researched, is a respected musician in Romania, having won numerous awards, including an MTV Music Award, released 12 albums since 1998, and has done duets with people including Michael Bolton and Beyonce Knowles! So that takes care of her pedigree. But as for Ovidiu - well, I can't find much on him, apart from the fact he's the composer and lyricist of the song. Luckily for him, I like it!

The United Kingdom has tried to dabble in pop entries over previous years to very little success, but I think they should take note of this entry. This is pop without the cheese and camp style, and its quite catchy after a few listens. The video clip is well constructed with the use of special effects, and if that's any indicated of what their performance on the Eurovision stage could be like - I would dare say right off the bat that Romania is an easy contender to go through to the final with this. I hope they bring that double ended piano to Oslo with them - it could go down a treat!


Romania will perform 10th in the 2nd Semi-Final.

No comments:

Post a Comment