Saturday, May 8, 2010

GERMANY Preview: Lena - Satellite

Germany had a disappointing result last year, with 'Miss Kiss Bang Bang' - which I thought would have been one of the big performers of the contest. Even the inclusion of Dita Von Tesse couldn't pull them up from the lower ranks of the score-board!

The hopes this year are pinned on 18 year old Lena Meyer-Landrut, whom has already hit Number 1 at home with this song 'Satellite'. As soon as this song started playing, I was expecting a Rihanna styled voice to start singing like 'Pon De Replay'. Its another great simple bouncy Pop track, and her voice, seems to me, to be a cross between Duffy and Amy Winehouse. I hope it does well, as I think it deserves to - it is 2nd favourite to win, but I think the political voting may just hold it back.


Germany is one of the "Big Four" (one of the 4 biggest entrants who bank-roll the event), and will perform 22nd in the final.

No comments:

Post a Comment